This can be done with other vegetables also.
I made up about 20 bags - so for 20 meals. They are perfect to throw into a stir fry or casserole, or even just for steaming to have on their own. The cooking time is halved and all the prep work is done, making the crazy meal time of an afternoon a lot less stressful.
- Cut carrots into serving size, we wash thoroughly and leave the skin on.
- Blanche the carrots by cooking to approximately 50% cooked, we did about 5minutes steamed over boiling water.
- Immediately remove from heat and place carrots into a bowl or sink of cold water- this stops them cooking any further.
- Lay them out to dry on paper towel or a clean tea towel.
- Once dry, place into serving size in plastic zip lock bags or freezer bags.