Banana bread/cake. Sooooo yum and refined sugar free!
Easiest recipe ever....
- 3 ripe bananas.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh apple juice (I use "nudie apple juice" which is pure apples from the local supermarket).
- 125g of unsalted butter.
- 2 eggs.
- 250g self raising flour (I use wholemeal).
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 2 tablespoons of honey (I use raw only).
- 2 tablespoons of white chia seeds.
- 50-100g pecan nuts chopped.
1) Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Grease a loaf tin with oil then dust with flour shaking out the excess.
2) Mash bananas with a fork so they are smooth and chunky then add apple juice mixing through.
3) In another bowl cream the butter then add one egg at a time until thoroughly combined.
4) Fold in flour, cinnamon, honey, pecans and banana mixture.
Don't over mix this.
5) Pour into loaf pan and cook for about 40 minutes or until cooked through.
You can check it's cooked by placing a skewer into middle and if it comes out clean your banana bread/cake is done.
Cool in pan for about 15minutes then carefully tip out onto a wire rack.
Eating your banana bread/cake warm is definitely the best or you can even toast it and have it with butter.