- Aluminium foil
- Large black cardboard sheet
- Cardboard- I just used some from a box (a nappy box is perfect)
- Glitter glue
- Glow in the dark paint (optional)
- Lay out some foil, glue the back of shapes then stick onto foil.
- Cut around each shape so the foil is covering them the same shape.
- Glue the moon and stars onto black cardboard in whatever positions you want.
- Decorate with glitter glue.
Stick their foil night sky picture to your children's bedroom wall to display their artwork.
- Optional- Paint the moon and stars or outline them with glow in the dark paint. This way the children can enjoy their very own night sky while laying in their bed at night.
PARENTS: Use this activity as a learning experience with your children by talking with them about the day and night, moon and stars, the atmosphere and the planets.
Once dark, head outside to see if you can spot the moon and stars just like their picture.