Served in patty pans just like a cupcake
2 cups elbow pasta or macaroni
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon white chia seeds
½ cup grated pumpkin
½ cup grated carrot
2 tablespoons whole meal self raising flour
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup milk
125g can corn kernels (drained and rinsed)
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons of water
- Boil macaroni for 10 minutes until al dente and then drain.
- Steam pumpkin and carrot until soft, then lightly mash with a fork. If you are using a microwave safe steamer, add 2 tablespoons of water and steam for about 3 minutes, letting stand for 2 minutes before lightly mashing with fork.
- Whisk flour, milk, mustard and eggs together in a large bowl.
- Mix in corn, cheddar cheese, mashed veges, 2 tablespoons water, chia seeds and macaroni until combined.
- Place patty pans (paper cases) into a 12 hole muffin tray then add mixture to patty pans and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 180c for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
These can be frozen.