You will need:
- 60 coloured craft sticks (paddlepop sticks)
- Decorations of your choice- letters, foam shapes, glitter
- Drill and nail (OPTIONAL- if you would like a swivel lid)
1) line 12 sticks up side by side (vertical)
2) horizontally glue 2 sticks (1 across the very top of the 12) & another across the bottom, to hold the 12 original sticks together.
3) repeat steps 1) & 2) to create both a lid and a base
4) select which one is the lid & put aside
5) gluing 2 sticks at a time, grab the base and place glue in each corner.
6) press down each stick on the ends of those holding the 12 together to form a square of craft sticks glued to the original 12. Two sides of the square will b raised, 2 will be directly glued to the original 12.
7) put glue on each corner and press down 2 sticks to build a craft stick square.
8) continue until you run out of sticks.
9) you can either just sit lid on top or make a swivel lid by drilling a hole in the best corner w a tiny drill bit then slip in a very thin nail and hammered down until neat. Be careful not to split the wood. Pre drilling prevents this. The lid then swivels off.
# please note: 60 sticks will have allowed for a few spare.
Thank you very much D and S for your help :-)